Thursday, November 15, 2012

7) Awareness

Feelings and thoughts:

In this posture, I felt that my legs were really being stretched. I don't have very good balance either, so this pose was kind of hard to hold for a long time, but each time I do it, I try to hold it for a few seconds more, so overtime I can hold it for a longer time, without being in "pain."

I also felt like my back was twisted a lot and my spine hurt a bit. I should have spent more time lengthening before going into the pose. Next time I'll stop at that step and spend a couple of breaths lengthening and then twist down into the pose. I should also keep my open up my chest a bit more so that I might even arch back a little.

After I feel like I can do this posture correctly and hold it for a long time, I plan to move my hand to the outside of my foot. Right now, I'm still not too balanced and my hand is on the inside of my foot, which is where beginners should place their hand. I hope with a bit more practice I'll be able to move my hand to the outside of my foot.

Pari-Trik 

No comments:

Post a Comment